You really don’t need the magnets that come with your cupping set, especially if you’re a beginner.
- It’s not as comfortable an experience as the vacuum cups without magnets. Thanks to their sharp acupressure point (which does a great job at stimulating your acupressure points), they feel “pinchy” compared to a cup without magnets (which feels awesome)!
- There are contraindications to using magnets (don’t use if you have a pacemaker or other electro/magnetic device in your body, for example). Make sure to do your research and check with your doctor if you have any questions.
- You need to know a bit more about acupressure when you use these cups — for example, you’ll want to know what acupoint you are stimulating, and why. It’s awesome if you want to learn that (see the booklet that comes with your cupping set!), but it’s also not necessary in order to relieve pain and tension in your body (or to improve your skin health!).
- See video for more info, and why I recommend simple vacuum suction cupping, without magnets/acupressure, most of the time.
Cups discussed in the video:
- Soft Myofascial Cupping Set – Handle top – includes 1 X-Large
- Lure Soft Cupping Set – includes Face Cups
- Firm/Deep Tissue Cupping Set – includes pump gun, tube (and 2 curved cups!)